Framework Advisory Council
The role of the Framework Advisory Council is to:
- Advise and assist the Office of TASC and the Minister for Education and Training in relation to the development and review of the senior secondary accreditation framework
- Advise and assist the Office of TASC on any matters that may arise from the implementation of the senior secondary accreditation framework.
The Framework Advisory Council consists of the following members appointed by the Minister:
- The Secretary of the Department or his or her nominee
- Tasmanian Catholic Education Office, one nominee
- Independent Schools Tasmania, one nominee
- TasTAFE, one nominee
- University of Tasmania, one nominee
- Other persons as the Minister considers appropriate to ensure a breadth of community representation, at least one but no more that four
- The Executive Officer, TASC, as a non-voting member
- An independent chairperson.
This governance arrangement will draw on expertise of educational experts and provide a sufficient level of oversight to ensure the accreditation framework is comprehensive and rigorous.