Subject: English As A Second Language - Critics
Date: November 28, 2012
Attention: TQA Co-ordinator and All Teachers of:
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL315109)
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following positions in 2013:
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by 14 December 2012, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
Please note: Teachers who are teaching the course in the same year cannot apply for the position of examination paper Setter and/or Critic.
DUTIES OF CRITIC
* review the first draft of the paper and provide a report (a pro-forma will be provided).
* meet with the Setting Examiner(s) to discuss the first draft of the paper.
* MUST undertake the draft examination paper and note the time taken to produce acceptable answers.
* provide Setting Examiner(s) with suggestions for improvement. Critics need be specific about any concerns they may have. If necessary, critics can suggest alternative questions for consideration by the Setting Examiner(s).
* provide solutions to the exam paper (for some subjects) with the first draft of the exam paper. If any changes are made to the paper at a later date, solutions need be revised accordingly.
* proofread the 2nd draft of the paper.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator TQA