Subject: English As A Second Language - Setting Examiner
Date: November 10, 2011
Attention: TCE Co-ordinator and All Teachers of:
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL315109) - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following position in 2012:
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by Friday, 25 November 2011, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
The first draft of the paper is required by 30 May, however, this date may be negotiable depending on the successful applicants commitments.
Please note: Teachers who are teaching the course in the same year cannot apply for the position of Setting Examiner.
DUTIES OF SETTING EXAMINERS
* prepare the examination paper in accordance with the current course, sample paper (if applicable);
* prepare the marking tool to be used in conjunction with the examination paper;
* prepare the guidelines for external assessment and any other guidelines provided by the TQA;
* meet with the critics to discuss the first draft of the paper;
* determine what changes will be made to the paper in light of the comments received from the critics;
* proof read the final draft of the paper;
* check a copy of the final copy of the examination paper after printing;
* advise of any specific stationery requirements or other materials that will need to be provided to students for the examination (eg. graph paper, maps); and
Solutions and/or a marking guide MUST be provided for all subjects.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator TQA