Subject: Manufacturing Studies - Expression of Interest Chief Marking Examiner
Date: February 19, 2009
Attention: TCE Co-ordinator and All Teachers of Manufacturing Studies
MANUFACTURING STUDIES (MAN5C) - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following position in 2009:
CHIEF MARKING EXAMINER
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by Tuesday, 10 March 2009, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
DUTIES OF CHIEF MARKING EXAMINER
* Help organise the external assessment program for the year.
* Attend at least one quality assurance meeting (if applicable).
* Check the final photo-ready copy of the examination paper before printing (this duty is waived for Chief Marking Examiners who are teaching the course) (if applicable).
* Organise with the Senior Assessment Co-ordinator at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority, a list of Marking Examiners.
* Meet with Marking Examiners prior to and during the marking of the paper or other external assessment tasks, to clarify the nature of the evidence to be looked for in relation to the externally assessed criteria.
* Co-ordinate the marking process and submit the ratings, or other agreed data, on the externally assessed criteria to the Senior Assessment Co-ordinator or their representative at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority.
* Meet with the Assessment Panel in December to:
- review the overall external assessment process for the year;
- review the results of candidates who are identified by the Office of the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority as being borderline/anomaly candidates.
* Produce an Examination Report on the external assessment for circulation to schools, colleges and other interested parties.
* Provide advice to the Senior Assessment Co-ordinator or their representative at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority on specific queries arising from the marking process.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator Tasmanian Qualifications Authority