Subject: Music - Expresions of Interest for Setting Examiner
Date: February 18, 2009
Attention: TCE Co-ordinator and All Teachers of Music
MUSIC (MSM5C) - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following position in 2009:
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by Tuesday, 10 March 2009, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
The first draft of the paper is required by 30 June, however, this date may be negotiable depending on the successful applicants commitments.
Please note: Teachers who are teaching the course this year cannot apply for the position of Setting Examiner.
DUTIES OF SETTING EXAMINERS
* Prepare the examination paper in accordance with the current course, sample paper (if applicable) and the guidelines for external assessment and any other guidelines provided by the TQA.
* Meet with the critics to discuss the first draft of the paper.
* Determine what changes will be made to the paper in light of the comments received from the critics.
* Proof read and check the final draft of the paper.
* Check a copy of the final printed examination paper.
* Advise of any specific stationery requirements or other materials that will need to be provided to students for the examination (eg. graph paper, maps, etc).
* Where appropriate provide marking schemes and/or guidelines.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator Tasmanian Qualifications Authority