Subject: Australia in Asia and the Pacific - Expressions of Interest
Date: February 18, 2009
Attention: TCE Co-ordinator and All Teachers of Australia in Asia and the Pacific
AUSTRALIA IN ASIA AND THE PACIFIC (AAP5C) - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified persons, teachers and/or academics for the following position in 2009:
EXAMINATION PAPER CRITIC
Interested parties should advise Michelle Harvey at the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority by Tuesday, 10 March 2009, providing the following details:
Telephone Numbers (home and work)
Qualifications and Experience
Please note: Teachers who are teaching the course this year cannot apply for the position of examination paper critic.
DUTIES OF CRITICS
* Review the first draft of the paper and provide a report (a pro-forma will be provided).
* Meet with the Setting Examiner(s) to discuss the first draft of the paper.
* Provide Setting Examiner(s) with suggestions for improvement. Critics need be specific about any concerns they may have. If necessary, critics can suggest alternative questions for consideration by the Setting Examiner(s).
* Review the second draft of the paper and provide a report (a pro-forma will be provided).
* Critics for some subjects are required to provide solutions to the exam paper and to note the time taken to produce acceptable answers. Answers must be provided to the first draft. If any changes are made to the paper at a later date, solutions need be revised accordingly.
Michelle Harvey Senior Assessment Co-ordinator Tasmanian Qualifications Authority