Assessing Other Qualifications - Senior Secondary Qualifications
TASC can recognise senior secondary (Year 11 and 12) education results from other Australian States and Territories and from overseas countries (where sufficient comparability data exists) as contributing credit points towards achievement of the Tasmanian Certificate of Education, or as evidence an applicant meets the requirements for standards in:
- everyday adult reading, writing and communication
- everyday adult mathematics
- everyday adult use of computers and the internet.
TASC can only recognise results when a student has successfully completed at least one full year of senior secondary study or more. We are unable to recognise partial completion of a full school year.
If you are a student transferring from another Australian state at the end of Year 11 and are intending to complete Year 12 in Tasmania, you can apply for this service. Note that if you have already achieved subjects that may count towards your ATAR you will need to contact UTAS for formal recognition of these subjects.
If you have a query about what subjects can be counted towards your ATAR please send your query to the following email address: ATAR.email@example.com
FeesThere are no fees associated with the recognition of senior secondary qualifications service.
- Completed application form (Senior Secondary Recognition Form).
- Proof of Identity including photo, name, address and date of birth
- Certified copies of your interstate or overseas education documents for which you are seeking recognition, together with a certified translation if the originals documents are in a language other than English.
Applications Submission:Applications must be submitted by mail (GPO Box 333, Hobart, TAS, 7001) or in person at the TASC office (Level 6, 39 Murray Street, Hobart, Tasmania) as certified documents must be provided. Applications by EMAIL cannot be accepted.
Processing TimeDepending on the type of information provided requests for recognition may take up to 2 weeks to process.
If all the necessary information is not provided, the Office of TASC will need to contact the student/school to request this information. This will delay the process of considering the application and of advising the outcome.