Who we areThe Office of Tasmanian Assessment, Standards and Certification (TASC) is an independent statutory office responsible to the Tasmanian Minister for Education and Training, serving both government and non-government schools.
What we doTASC works within its legislative framework to ensure the development of appropriate standards, the accreditation of courses, and the assessment and certification of student achievement in the senior secondary years across all educational sectors.
Specifically the Office:
- Provides consolidated statements of qualifications
- Provides leadership in strategic planning for qualifications management
- Accredits all relevant courses for senior secondary education
- Ensures that certification issued meets approved standards
- Provides quality assurance to maintain the rigorous standards of the qualifications it issues
- Conducts and moderates assessment for senior secondary courses and issues the Tasmanian Certificate of Education
- Ensures the collection, recording and distribution of data
- Provides advice to the Minister on matters relating to qualifications
TransitionFrom the date of Royal Assent of the Office of Tasmanian, Assessment, Standards and Certification Act 2003, documents and policy decisions of the Tasmanian Qualifications Authority (TQA) become documents and policy positions of TASC until such time as there is an opportunity to review them.
|TASC Communication Strategy 2016||TASC Communication Strategy 2016|
(Updated Aug 11, 2016)
|TASC Strategy||Outline of TASC's Strategic Plan|
(Updated Nov 4, 2015)