Assessing other Qualifications
TASC undertake processes to assess interstate and international educational qualifications to determine comparability with the Australian Qualifications Framework or to recognise senior secondary studies completed interstate or overseas on the Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE).
Overseas qualifications assessment
If you completed qualifications overseas and want to apply for a general overseas qualifications assessment you can submit an application for an Overseas Qualifications Assessment.
Senior Secondary qualifications assessment
Applicants can apply to TASC for recognition of senior secondary studies completed interstate or overseas as contributing cerdit points towards the TCE.
Please note, TASC cannot assess:
- trade qualifications
- Australian qualifications
- qualifications of less than 1 year full-time
- single subjects
- incomplete qualifications
- work experience
- membership of, or registration with, a professional body or industry association
- industry or professional licences, tickets or cards
- Qualifications where professional licensing or registration requirements require assessment of overseas qualifications by a industry specific body (see ASRI http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/asri/asri-index.aspx for details of registration & licensing requirements). For example, doctors (all specialisations), allied health professionals, teachers, lawyers.
- Qualifications for the purpose of university entry.
- English language skills
Our assessments do not:
- Qualify applicants for migration to Australia.
- Qualify an applicant for admission into university or other education provider.
- Qualify the applicant for membership of a professional body or licence or register the applicant to work in regulated professions.
- Compare qualifications by subject or study area or against competency standards. Assesments are general and relate to qualification level only. For example, an overseas Bachelor of Science may be assessed comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor Degree level, but it is not assessed as comparable or equivalent to an Australian Bachelor of Science specifically.
Career advice, counselling and support services
TASC cannot provide career advice or counselling services to applicants and does not offer services supporting individuals to find employment or enter futher study. TASC overseas qualifications assessments are general assessments that assess the comparability of your overseas qualification with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and are not specific to an industry or career.
|OQU Career Advice Fact Sheet|
(Updated May 28, 2014)